I go by Angie, just like the Rolling Stones song I was named after. I’m 35 years old and a born and bred Ohioan. I reside in Akron with my husband Bill and our small zoo (dogs & cats OH MY!).
My hobbies revolve around video games, WordPress, and infertility. I have an unhealthy obsession with star & heart shapes, ampersands (&), dogs, caffeinated beverages, World of Warcraft, Toki Doki, and Hello Kitty.
I’m pierced and tattooed, agnostic, socially liberal, and I bring home the bacon as an SEO Strategist for an agency in Cleveland, Ohio.
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator: ENTP (extroversion, intuition, thinking, perception)
DiSC Type: Dominance or High D
- I’m known for my laugh.
- I cuss like a sailor.
- I have a horrible tendency to hyper-focus on things.
- I was the goth kid in high school and the majority of my 20’s.
- I LARP’d for almost 10 years.
- I love public speaking.
- I’m a control-freak, everything should have an answer.
I’m an adult orphan. I lost my Mom suddenly to a heart attack when I was 13 years old, and my Dad when I was 26 after a 6 month struggle with strokes and emphysema. I’ve learned how to cope very well.
The biggest lesson I have learned in life is to never take anything for granted, and to live each day like it’s your last.
I have the most amazing husband. We met on Craigslist, when I answered a personal ad he put up that said “Looking for a girl that plays WoW. Preferably ambulatory”. I thought it was funny, and I played WoW, so I e-mailed him. 2 weeks later we met in person. He asked me to be his girlfriend a day later on September 6, 2008. I never left his apartment again (literally). He proposed to me on March 14, 2009 at my birthday dinner. On September 9, 2009 (09/09/09) I married him and went from being a Jones to a Bergmann. It was without a doubt the happiest day of my life.
I’ve been struggling with infertility for over 10 years. 5 RE’s, 1 ectopic pregnancy, 1 miscarriage, 2 retrievals, 2 failed transfers, hundreds of injections and thousands of dollars later, we’re still trying. This has also turned me into an advocate for infertility and adoption benefit changes.
- IVF #1 (Oct 2014) – 17 retrieved / 10 mature/ 9 fertilized / 2 fresh transfer / 2 frozen = BFN
- FET #1 (Dec 2014) – 2 transferred = BFN
- IVF #2 (Jan 2016) – 38 retrieved /33 mature / 29 fertilized / 29 frozen = Waiting to do FET
- FET #2 (Oct 2016) – 2 transferred. BFP. Miscarried at 6w6d